MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME PROGRAMME
01. Why Malaysia?
Many reasons to move to Malaysia or buying a second home.
- Low cost of living than most developed countries
- High economic growth
- Substantial investment in infrastructure and upgrading of facilities
- Hot climate but rarely extreme
- Economic and political stability
- Variety of local/international cuisine, Malay, Chinese, Indian, Thai, Western and other food from all over the world
- Shopping malls & supermarkets including Tesco hypermarkets all over Kuala Lumpur and other parts of the country
- Air services both local, regional and international flights that cover every Asian capital city and many cities around the world
- Quality education including international schools, private colleges and universities
- First class medical facilities with internationally recognised hospitals and clinics
MM2H visa permit Benefits & Incentives
Once your application is successful, there are various benefits & incentives provided as below:
MM2H Visa Permit
- 10 year Social Visit Pass with Multiple Entry will be granted
- Stay as long as you wish & leave Malaysia anytime as you please
- Renewable after 10 years
Any foreigner may purchase any number of residential property in Malaysia, subject to the minimum price established for foreigners by the different states. They start from RM500,000 per unit for most states, from 1st March 2014. Land is a state matter and it is important to check state laws before making any commitment, as the minimum purchase price is not standardized between states.
Each participant is allowed to bring in his/her own car (used) or purchase a new locally-assembled car without having to pay import duty, excise duty and sales tax. However, they must apply for prior approval within the 6month / 1years time period given by the Finance Ministry and Ministry of International Trade and Industry. Participants are only allowed to sell their imported/locally purchased car after 2 years' stay on the MM2H programme by paying the prevailing duties).
Each applicant can apply for one maid subject to the prevailing guidelines of the Immigration Department.
MM2H participants are allowed to bring their children who are below 21 years old and not married as their dependants.
Tax Exemption is given to remittance of offshore pension fund into Malaysia & any other foreign funds transferred into Malaysia.
Business & Investment
You can own and actively run your own business, terms apply. Generally any MM2H visa holders can own their own business as Directors without the requirement of any Local Malaysians, terms apply.
Working Part Time
Over 50 year olds can work part time, terms apply.
- Import personal / household items, tax exempted
- Invest in local companies, share market & unit trusts
- Interest gained from bank fixed deposit is tax exempted
- Your parents can also join you as dependents under a renewable long term (6 monthly) visa
MM2H Visa Permit Requirements
Applicants are required to comply with the following financial criteria upon successful submission of their MM2H application.
||RM10,000 (Full Govt Pension)
||RM1M+ (fully paid)
||RM1M+ (fully paid)
Successful applicants are required to comply with the following financial Fixed Deposit placements upon receipt of the conditional approval letter from Malaysia Immigration Department.
Aged Below 50 years old
- Open a fixed deposit account of RM 300,000.
- After a period of one year, the participant can withdraw up to RM 150,000 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia, medical purposes, rental, furniture, car purchase etc.
- Must maintain a minimum balance of RM 150,000 from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this Malaysia My Second Home programme.
Aged 50 years and Above
- Will either: Open a fixed deposit account of RM 150,000 OR If full Government Pension of RM 10,000 income is shown then no fixed deposit is required.
- After a period of one year, participant who fulfills the fixed deposit criteria can withdraw up to RM 50,000 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for childrenin Malaysia, medical purposes, rental, furniture, car purchase etc.
- Participant must maintain a minimum balance of RM100,000 from the second year onwards and throughout his/her stay in Malaysia under this MM2H programme.
All applicants and their dependents (spouse and children) are required to submit a medical report from any private hospital / registered clinic in Malaysia after Approval.
Approved participants and dependents (spouse and children) must possess a valid medical insurance policy, which is applicable in Malaysia. If any applicants are above 59 years old then this requirement is waived. This is also required after approval.
MM2H Visa Permit How To Apply
Step 1: Submit your documents for application
- Signed Instruction Letter & Terms & Conditions
- Letter of Application from main applicant
- Resume/ CV of main applicant
- 1 Set of MM2H Application Forms - for each person
- 4 Coloured Passport Size Photographs - for each person
- Certified copy of Passport/ Travel Documents (All Pages) - for each person
- Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (for Applicants with spouse)
- Certified copy(s) of Birth Certificates (for Applicants with children)
- Certified copy(s) of latest three months bank statement or other related financial document(s) to show financial capability to support your stay in Malaysia
- At least 3 months certified copies of pay slip, pension slip or income statement
- Certified copy(s) of latest three months Bank statements showing income as deposits into a personal bank account
- Criminal Clearance Letter/Certificate from government agency - Police report from country of residence or citizenship (for main applicant only)
All copies must be certified TRUE COPIES OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS by EMBASSY / HIGH COMMISSION/ SOLICITOR/ JUSTICE OF PEACE/ NOTARY PUBLIC/ COMMISIONER FOR OATHS / GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL
The processing and approval process will take 2 - 3 months from the date of submission of the application (provided the documentation is complete)
Step 2: Approval letter issued by Immigration Dept
Step 3: You arrive in Malaysia
Step 4: We submit the supplementary documents to Immigration Department
- FD Certificate - Open a fixed deposit account with any bank of Malaysia
- Medical Certificate - Possess a valid medical insurance in Malaysia
- Medical Report Medical check up done with local Doctor
- We will assist and advise you in obtaining all these requirements
Step 5: Get endorsement of Malaysia My Second Home MM2H Visa Stamp in passport
- Issuing fee of Social Visit Pass is RM90 per year
- Duration of the Pass is based on your passport validity
- We will assist and escort you to the Immigration Department